20 December 2011

Review Thirst #1 By: Christopher Pike

Thirst No. 1: The Last Vampire, Black Blood and Red Dice (Thirst, #1)Thirst No. 1: The Last Vampire, Black Blood and Red Dice by Christopher Pike

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


**Spoiler Alert** I didn’t know if I would like this book just because it’s an older book but I absolutely loved it! It wasn’t like all the other Vampire books out there it was totally unique and that’s one of the things I loved about it. I wish more vampire books used the rules of a vampire that this one used. When you read It you almost felt like your reading something that’s real that’s how good it is. Not many people who know I’m reading this book have ever read this book or thought about reading this book but I highly recommend it especially if you’ve been tired of the Vampire books that are coming out today.



Alisa or “Sita” was an amazingly strong character. Throughout the whole book she didn’t show and weakness. Really the only emotion she showed is for the few men she changed. She is a strong women and she takes care of herself. She doesn’t need a man to take care of her which is so good! But I do like the few times she got a little emotional over her lovers because you don’t want to be all dark inside you want to have some emotion.



I was so upset when Ray died. When I read the back of this book I thought he would be a main character throughout the whole series but he wasn’t and that kind of made me sad because I really liked his character. Also I was upset in the end when she had to give up Joel too. I have a feeling that she’s going to lose many lovers throughout the rest of the series.



In the end this book is amazing and I can’t wait to read the next couple books in the series! Once again I recommend this book to anyone who is tired of reading the vampire books that are coming out today.



View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed them a lot, but they were more like today's stories: focused on teenagers. The part that saddened me was the lack of journeys to the past. I felt that added a lot of historical interest to the first six novels. The best part, however, is that the reprinting makes these books a lot easier to find. Last Vampire 5: Evil Thirst, is so rare, after I originally read the first four books it took me a year and a half to get a copy of number 5 and I was going nuts! And I will not complain that Sita's story was continued. Like I said, hers was the most fascinating story I have ever read.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you guys so leave as many as your heart desires =)

 
Imagination Designs