03 November 2012

Author Interview: Dianne Lynn Gardner

Good morning my lovely followers! Today Comfort Books is welcoming author of Deception Peak Dianne Lynn Gardner. She was kind enough to let me interview her and she threw in a copy of her book for me which is exiting because it sounds pretty good! So here's a little about the book and then we will talk with Dianne!

Deception Peak by Dianne Lynn Gardner
Synopsis: Teenage Ian Wilson follows his father through a portal into a deceptively beautiful Realm, where horses run free, the wind sings prophetic melodies, and their computer avatars come to life.

But separation from his father puts Ian in peril as he’s abducted by a tribe of dragon worshipers and forced to find his courage.

As he struggles for his freedom and embarks on a perilous search for his father, Ian meets the true peacekeepers of the Realm and learns of a greater purpose for his being
in there.







Links
Amazon Paperback http://amzn.com/0615679706


Author interview:
P: How long have you known you wanted to be an author?
 
D: I don’t know if it’s so much that I wanted to be an author, per se. But rather that I wanted to be able to tell fantastical tales that take me, and anyone who might want to follow, to another world. I love the travel and I love the challenge.
 
Something thrilling happens when I expand my consciousness to create a different reality. It’s fascinating. The most exciting fact is that I can do it. I can think beyond the here and now, put it on paper, and make all sorts of wonderful characters that talk, wield swords, or ride horseback. Or I can conjure up frightening creatures that challenge both my MC and me. 
 
Sometimes writing is like a huge puzzle. I can see the image that will appear when all the pieces are put together. I know it’s complicated and will take time to slip all the parts together. However, the difference between writing a story and solving a jigsaw puzzle is that I have to create the pieces. Difficult yes. Satisfying when it’s completed? Absolutely!
 
I’ve always loved puzzles.
 
P: The name of my blog is Comfort Books so, what are your favorite Comfort Books?
 
Comfort books are books that can be read easily, they don’t take a lot of rereading to understand the plot or the character. They also are books that touch the heart.  C.S. Lewis’ Narnia series is a perfect collection of comfort books. They have just the right amount of adventure to let you leave reality for a while, you can read them quite quickly for they are simply stated, and they pull just the right heartstrings.
 
P: What advice can you give to aspiring authors?
 
Attack the craft of writing like you would any career choice. Attend classes, workshops, critique groups, read books on the craft of writing, learn grammar, learn how to type, harden your heart enough to accept critique. If something doesn’t work, change it. If there’s a discrepancy, consult someone who’s work you admire to help you. And when you do all that, figure out what it is you want to say, and then write from the deepest crevices of your heart.
 
P: Do you have a favorite place to write?
 
I only have a desktop computer so I do most of my writing there. Someday I hope to have a laptop. I do scribble a lot of notes when I’m away from home, and I get my best inspiration when I’m walking in the forest. So much of the Realm takes us into the country--lots of forests, prairies and wilderness, long gray beaches with pounding waves, and a steep foreboding mountain. If I have the time to visit those places (and there are plenty of them in Washington) then I do, just to soak in the sounds, smells and tastes of those environments so I can bring them back home to my computer.
 
So in answer to your question, even if I’m not physically writing with my hands, I’m writing in my mind whenever I’m walking in the country, and that’s my favorite place.
 
P: What can we expect from you in the future?
 
Deception Peak is the first book in a trilogy. Come February The Dragon Shield, the second novel of the series will be published and then later in 2013 will be Rubies and Robbers.
 
In between the first two books slips in a series of short stories, The Tale of the Four Wizards, which are the myths and legends of the cultures of the Realm. Though they’re short, they say a lot. They’ll be Amazon .99 eBooks until the last one is published and then I hope to make a print anthology of them for those non-digital readers.
 
After that I have drafts for The Diary of a Conjurer and Cassandra’s Castle, which also are Realm books. Inspiration for a fifth sequel is incubating even as we speak.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by Dianne! I'm honored to have you on the blog and maybe once I read and review your book you'll stop by again who knows! and too my followers make sure you leave comments for Dianne in the comment section they can be about the book or what you thought of the interview =D












1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the interview, Paige! It's been a pleasure!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you guys so leave as many as your heart desires =)

 
Imagination Designs