23 June 2013

Mini Review Sunday: Swim by Jennifer Weiner

Swim by Jennifer Weiner
Publisher: Atria Books
Release Date: May 8, 2012
Book Format: e-book
Number of Pages: 48
Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars
Synopsis: The short story that inspired Jennifer Weiner’s forthcoming novel The Next Best Thing.Ruth has left her job writing for a hit television show for reasons she’d rather not discuss and is supplementing her increasingly dwindling savings with freelance writing projects—namely, helping anxious high school students craft a perfect college essay and lonely souls craft captivating online dating profiles. When she’s not working, she’s swimming—lap after lap at the local indoor pool, in a desperate attempt to wash away the sting of professional failure and heartbreak that she can’t seem to shake. It takes an unexpected client to show her that appearances can be deceiving, and that sometimes the bravest thing you can do is simply dive back in.


Mini Review:
I downloaded Swim by Jennifer Weiner on my e-reader and this is my honest review.

The reason I grabbed this short story is because I had been hearing great things about Weiner's writing and so when I saw this by her for free I swept it right up and read it in about an hour! I've been trying to get more into adult books and this short story makes me want to go read the ones I have right now. 

In just 48 pages we meet the main character Ruth whom is a young writer. This is probably one of my favorite parts is that in the story she is an aspiring writer which is what I am as well. In the story though she has a small form of writers block I guess you could say so she takes a job helping teenagers start filling out college applications. I can connect to this as well because I am starting to look at colleges as well! 

Jennifer Weiner did an amazing job pulling me in with just 48 pages and I can honestly say I am very excited to read the full length book that this story is based on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you guys so leave as many as your heart desires =)

 
Imagination Designs