14 July 2013

Mini Review Sunday: Haunted Love by Cynthia Leitich Smith


Haunted Love by Cynthia Leitich Smith 
Publisher: Candlewick
Publication Date: December 13, 2011
Number of Pages: 38
Synopsis: Spirit, Texas, is a town of secrets, and as the new owner of the local haunted movie theater, Cody Stryker is juggling more than his fair share. When a mysterious new girl comes to town and runs afoul of the ghost that lives in his theater, Cody's caught in the middle and needs to figure out exactly who he can trust. HAUNTED LOVE is a short story by New York Times Bestseller Cynthia Leitich Smith -- set in the same dark universe as her novels TANTALIZE, ETERNAL, and BLESSED. This story includes a sneak preview of Cynthia Leitich Smith's latest novel, DIABOLICAL, which unites characters from the previous three novels in the Tantalize Series along with a fascinating cast of all-new characters for a suspenseful, action-packed clash between the forces of heaven and hell.


My Mini Review:
I bought this short story off of Amazon, and this is my honest review.

I enjoyed this story quite a bit, I was not expecting what happend at all. But once it happened I couldn’t stop turning pages and I was sad when it was over. This story was about a young guy named Cory, who turned out to be I guess a vampire. Which I thought was so random but it was cool. He opened up an old cursed theater and hired an “innocent” teenage girl to man the front. Boy did it go downhill from there.

There were parts in this little story that happened so fast that I was confused which annoyed me a little but it got better quickly. I enjoyed meeting the characters, even though I wished I had more time to get to know them but I feel like thats the point of a short story for you to be introduced to the characters and what to know more.

I enjoyed the mix of Vampires, and ghosts. Normally those two things are usually on their own but putting them both together in a story made it very enjoyable. This small story gets a 4 out of 5 stars.



I hope you all enjoyed this weeks edition of Mini Review Sunday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you guys so leave as many as your heart desires =)

 
Imagination Designs