27 July 2014

Review: Taliesin Ascendant by Megan Joel Peterson

Taliesin Ascendant by Megan Joel Peterson 
Publisher: Createspace
Release Date: August 7, 2013
Book Format: Paperback
# of Pages: 378
Synopsis: The war isn't over. And new enemies await. Life on the run hasn't been easy, but so far, Ashe has survived. But now Carter has ordered her to leave the Hunters and find her family's people - an order she can't refuse, no matter how much she wants to stay. Following his command will bring her into an unknown world, however - a world filled with new enemies and old prejudices that will demand more of her than she can imagine, at a cost higher than she'll ever be willing to pay.





My Review:
I received Taliesin Ascendant by Megan Joel Peterson from the author and this is my honest review.

Taliesin Ascendant is the second book in the Children and the Blood trilogy by Megan Joel Peterson. In this sequel we follow Ashe on her mission to expose the Blood to the rest of the world, as well as Cole and Lily on their mission to just survive. In the first book sisters Ashe and Lily were separated and both think the other is dead so you can imagine my hope for them to reunite in this book. 

80% of the book was dedicated to Ashe and her being put to work by her “people” since she is basically the queen, and about 20% was dedicated to following Cole and Lily. Thats the first thing that I did not like because I really think there should have been equal parts for both Ashe and Cole & Lily. 

The action parts in the book I loved because they kept me turning pages, but the in between parts like when they had Ashe reading all those papers really bored me to tears so that was a downside. I found that I like the Cole & Lily parts a lot more than I liked Ashe’s parts and that was probably because they were shorter and to the point. Ashe’s parts seemed to just drag on. 

Another thing that I don’t really like about this series is that there is absolutely no romance between anybody. The closest thing to any romance was the one married couple but other than that there was squat. I almost wish that Lily was older so that her and Cole could have struck something up. Hopefully in the third and final book things will be better maybe Ashe and Cole will get together I think that would be pretty cute.

Overall this book was probably my least favorite in the trilogy so far. But I am not going to give up on it because I did enjoy the first book and I’m not going to just stop reading because one book in the trilogy was a bust. I do plan on reading book three because I do have it. But I am not going to dive into it right away because if I do I might not like it since it took me so long to read the second book I need a little break before I dive in again.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you guys so leave as many as your heart desires =)

 
Imagination Designs