06 May 2015

Book Tour: Monica's Match by Katya Armock - Review

Monica's Match by Katya Armock (Perry Grove Novel #1)
Release Date: April 15, 2015
Book Format: e-book
Synopsis: Monica has the ability to see a guy’s aura light up the first time he touches his soul mate, but she’s kept it a secret since her parents shamed her as a child. Still, she decides to start her own matchmaking company—even if she doesn’t advertise her unique ability. Business is so-so until she gets a call to find matches for the singles of the small town of Perry Grove. She’s not looking for love herself but has an immediate attraction to one of her clients. Too bad another woman lit up his aura.

Hunky dairy farmer Jeremiah wants nothing to do with his grandpa’s hare-brained matchmaking scheme but agrees to play along to appease the man who raised him.  But when he meets the sexy matchmaker, he starts to rethink his single status. Too bad she’s intent on pairing him up with another woman. If there’s one thing he knows, though, it’s how to be stubborn.


Book Links:

From The Author:
 I like books that are funny and fun to read, but also make me think or look at the world in a new way. These days you’ll find me living my happily ever after in the Midwestern U.S. with my husband, dog and cats. I love to hear from readers, so please come find me on the Internet.

Author Links:

My Review:
I received Monica’s Match from the publisher for a review tour and this is my honest review.

I signed up to review Monica’s Match after reading the synopsis and learning that it was a book based off of a psychic ability, and love. I am crazy about psychic abilities I have always been interested in it and incorporating it with matchmaking and love was interesting.

My initial reaction to Monica was that she is a strong girl who can take care of herself and I liked that. But as we got farther into the book she did start to drive me crazy with her attitude toward Jeremiah. Now it is well known that Jeremiah was a little bit of a smart ass, but near the end he was starting to come around and Monica just was not having it. She was making me so mad with how rude she was to him sometimes.

I feel that many people first hearing what this book was about would be put off by the premise because it seems so fake, but I believe that the author pulled it off well. Monica pretty much kept her secret under wraps from everyone but the few people that she cared about and went about her business helping people find their soul mates.

There were so many cute moments between Monica and Jeremiah even when she was giving him the cold shoulder there were moments. For example, on their second date when she had a panic attack and Jeremiah helped her through it, I thought that was really sweet. I also loved Jeremiah’s grandparents they were the sweetest people ever too.

I am extremely glad that I picked to review this book. It was fun to read and very enjoyable, I hope to read more of this authors work in the future.

 


1 comment:

I love to hear from you guys so leave as many as your heart desires =)

 
Imagination Designs